WELCOME TO EASTERN QUEENS BOXING CLUB
WHAT MAKES EQBC DIFFERENT?
- True club atmosphere. “Family without the obligation.”
- No pressure to spar or participate in ANY activities. “Inspiring, not pressuring.”
- Video analysis and coach-boxer reviews.
- Exclusive full access to FighterPort™ profiles.
- Home of FighterGrade™Analysis (created by the Chief Trainer)
- No wasting time holding pads for others unless you want to. The coaches do mittwork/padwork for everyone.
- Weekly run meets coordinated and timed..
- Apprentice coaching. We build from within..
- No set time. 24 hour availability.
- In-house Professional Boxer management
- Discounted private extended/extra sessions.
- Loyalty memberships.
- Develop your own style here. We don’t discourage different styles if they make sense.
- No hero/idol worship. And coaches are not drill sergeants unless it’is part of an individual’s plan.
- No egos.
- Individualized training and NOT JUST SAYING THAT.
- Outside the gym guidance. Weigh-ins. Watching fights, seconding other boxers, and the ABSOLUTE preparation for potential competition fighters.
- Free Cornerwork & Supplies for Local Shows.
- Long Term “Developmental Coaching.”
- Outside Sparring Coaching & Matching (“Touring”) locally and to other LBC’s.
- Free coaching in out of state and National Competitions. The Chief Trainer travels at his own expense to work our fighters’ bouts world-wide.
- Eastern Queens Boxing Club app for scheduling and additional correspondence.
- More boxing specific equipment than ANY other gym GUARANTEED. If we don’t have it and it is beneficial, we’will buy it so you can improve and enjoy.
- Home of New York’s largest heavybag.
- Advisory meetings for any boxer who needs to be pointed in the right direction for getting help in areas not only boxing related.
- Yearly team gatherings to promote the team and/or for charity events to our choice charity: St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital.
Many of our boxers choose the full membership at $84/month for the year. This membership has the most benefits including 24/7 access, unlimited sessions, coaching/one-to-one training, in-house physiotherapist assistance, sanctioned fights, and Loyalty Rates. All cornerwork and supplies and basic transportation to local fights are included at no cost to the fighter. There are no registration fees. No-contract agreements and month-to-month dues are available as well.
*Half-off memberships for active Open Level boxers and seniors over age 65.
COACH AL ALVIR
- Introduced to boxing at the age of 12, training under reputable coaches – local and upstate – through adulthood.
- Started coaching in 2003.
- Opened Eastern Queens Boxing Club in 2011.
- Coached Metropolitan champions, NYBT champions, Ringside National Champion, Northeast Champion, Purebreed Champions, and 2016 NY Daily News Golden Gloves Champion.
- EQBC Developed 3 National advancement boxers, and all ranked fighters at EQBC were developed at EQBC.
- Chiefed over 200 fights.
- Recognized for the 2016 George Washington Coach’s award at the Daily News GG Finals.
- Selected member of Metro coaching staff in the 2016 Olympic Trials and 2017 Eastern Qualifiers.
- Coach of 2016 Golden Gloves Fariello and College scholarships winner, Jack McGrath
- Selected member of Metro coaching staff in a boxoff between Scandinavian countries, Denmark and Sweden vs. NY.
- AIBA 1-Star Coach.
- USA Boxing Level 2 Coach.
- Head coach of EQBC, an NYSAC Licensed Boxing Club with all CPR Certified Coaches.
- Licensed Professional Boxing Second.
- Licensed Professional Boxing Manager.
- Published writer on various websites as well as blog administrator for Shootafairone.com